[AT] Radiator situation

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jun 17 16:57:06 PDT 2019

That new electronic ignition may be causing problems with the coil.
Also, since the electronic ignition will create a lot hotter and higher
voltage spark, the coil can be shorting out.   I have also had new name
brand coils start misfiring when hot.  My last GM that used the coil in
the cap had 4 coils before I put the old original one back to stop the
misfire when hot...  If the engine just shut down without any misfire,
pulling down, etc of that type, then it is ignition.  I would also look
for a relay in the circuit.  Maybe one in the main ignition wire feeding
the switch.  I spent over $400 and 6 months hunting a blower problem
when it was a breaker in the line....
Cecil