[AT] Hay

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jun 10 18:26:13 PDT 2019

On 6/10/2019 5:20 PM, Mike M wrote:
> I usually have about 2 brush hoggings in by this time this year, but
> it's been too wet. Right now the grass is around 3ft tall, and by the
> time it dries out it'll be 4 ft tall, if not taller. Is that too tall
> for a guy with modern equipment and a round baler to bale, and would it
> be any good for cattle? He could have the hay, just want it cut without
> leaving a mess.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike M

'We will be scrambling to cut any patch of grass that will make a swath
here in Sask. With virtually no rain all spring the little bit of grass
that is growing is already heading out

and going to seed at less than a foot tall. Feed is going to be scarce
and expensive. There will be some herd culling happening for sure as
pastures can't keep up and cattle need

to eat. Crops that grow high enough may be cut for baling instead of
combining.  Years like this I am glad I am only a hobby farmer with 9
head on  a quarter section.

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com