[AT] [External] Caution: antique tractor usage

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sun Jul 28 05:35:56 PDT 2019

Mainly for handling while off the tractor.  Can easily push/pull it by hand.   Rakes a little cleaner and more consistently with a dolly wheel it always seemed to me too.   While rakes can be pulled with lots of different power sources (i.e., 4x4s), this is even more true with rakes that have a dolly wheel.  Without any tongue weight, you can pull it with just anything with a hitch point

One downside is that rakes with dolly wheels are nearly impossible to back up(think hay wagon but harder) but with a dolly wheel you can just push it into the barn by hand with hardly any effort.  So you don’t even really need to be able to back it up with a machine.

Spencer Yost