[AT] [External] Caution: antique tractor usage

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Wed Jul 24 16:03:07 PDT 2019

Well, the curse of old equipment struck me. The carrier bearing of the PTO shaft on the mower conditioner locked up. Amazing how a little bearing can make that kinda of a racket and pretty much stop an entire 50hp diesel tractor.  Only got about 1.5 acres mowed before this happened.

Managed to get the carrier off the mower, managed to get the rusty snap ring out, managed to press out the bearing, and found to my surprise it something the Napa carries. They’ll  have it in the local store tomorrow by lunch.   49$; and while Messicks is $45 and there would be shipping and a delay.

This model was manufactured from 1968-1972.  Judging by the paint it is original equipment, so I guess 47 to 51 years of service is acceptable :-)

Hopefully I won’t run out of sunshine.

Spencer Yost