[AT] "The farmer is the biggest gambler in the world"

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Sun Jul 7 05:32:47 PDT 2019

All through high school, when we filled out the enrollment forms in the
fall, I listed my father's occupation as "Gambler (Professional)."
Nobody noticed until senior year, when my guidance counselor pulled up
my file while writing a college letter of recommendation. He laughed for
hours...knew *exactly* what I meant! [Fortunately for me, Mr. Stone was
a good friend, in and out of school, and had a really great sense of humor.]

Mark J
Columbia, MO
Indiana farmboy now working at a Missouri university.