[AT] Log splitter for antique tractor.

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Wed Jan 9 17:54:11 PST 2019

Finally have the splitter working. In the previous episode, I finally got a splitter that wasn’t damaged after 3 delivery attempts.   It was only then that I learned my bobcats continuous hydraulics did not work. I have never needed them before, and never had anything to test them on so I only found out now.

So a couple weeks of troubleshooting(control valve solenoids, voltage and resistance checks, etc) and double checking some things and replacing a auxiliary control handle that had worn and loose switches, I still didn’t have continuous hydraulics.

There were also  a bunch of electrical problems wrong with this bobcat too. Glow plugs never worked(but wasn’t the plugs), the alternator charged the battery but also drained the battery(wasn’t the diode),  I also found out during the troubleshooting the regulator didn’t work as the wiring harness had charging voltage and not regulator voltage.

So off to the bobcat dealer it went.  They replaced an alternator(internal short),  relays and switches, and did some rewiring and now  I have a bobcat where everything works as it should.

Split a stack of wood today:  The splitter is nice - I really like it.

Another chapter closed here in the shop....

Spencer Yost