[AT] Hydraulic cylinder rebuild.

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Sun Feb 24 22:11:38 PST 2019

> I rebuilt the outside one 5 or 6 years ago.  They are a 6 inch
> cylinder x 4ft long with a 2.5 inch rod.  Everything Metric.  The last
> time I rebuilt one I made a wrench for the rod nut from an Autocad
> drawing and cut it with the plasma cutter then put it inside a 8 ft
> piece of Drill stem.  I used a 2 inch dia. shaft to hold the rod end.
> Held the rod down with one loader and used another to push the wrench
> down.

Grinning, because a dozen years ago I did something similar to
disassemble a backhoe cylinder.  Burned a wrench profile from 1/4"
plate, welded on a long steel rod handle, parked my Dingo skid steer
atop the cylinder's butt end, and used a small gear hoist to pull
between the wrench handle and a 5' pipe tong to unscrew the end cap.

Richard

---
https://www.avg.com