[AT] 8.9 liter Perkins

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Feb 24 14:53:26 PST 2019

On 2/24/2019 3:53 AM, John Maddock wrote:
> I note that the 1155 was built between 1973 to 78.  As I understand, MF
> lower horsepower tractors of a similar age (and certainly the 100 series)
> had three pumps: the Scotch yoke piston pump to drive the 3 pt lift; an
> internal  gear pump driven by a gear off the pto shaft to supply external
> services, a second gear pump piggy-backed on the first gear pump to supply
> Multi-power and pto clutch packs if fitted. A pressure maintaining valve
> was fitted on the line to the Multi-power clutch to maintain the pressure
> for the PTO clutch when Multi-power was set to "low", the oil being dumped
> in that state.

I think my Super 90 only has two pumps. The main "Scotch yoke" pump that
supplies the hydraulic outlets and then a second, smaller pump, further
ahead,

between the clutch and transmission. That smaller pump supplies the
power steering and pto engagement. That small one is weak on mine and it
gives

priority to the steering. Result is that the pto will stop when I turn a
corner if there is much of a load on it. So that tractor is not too
practical for pto work.

The price of a new pump is about as much as the tractor is worth so I
only use it on jobs that do not require pto.

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com