[AT] Fordson Dexta was Meccano

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 23 14:06:15 PST 2019

On 2/23/2019 11:28 AM, Al Jones wrote:
> "Thin" and "flimsy is how I would describe any Ford or turd Ferguson
> of the era.  I've never seen a MF 135 or Ford whatever or similar that
> wasn't broken and welded somewhere. There were several "Dexters"
> around here back in the day but I wouldn't want one......
>
> Al

Makes me think of the cast oil pan on my Massey Super 90. How somebody
managed to crack that Perkins diesel oil pan is beyond me but it was
welded up

and remains in use today. I suspect that break was more due to the
operator than the design. I'd have to say it is a pretty durable old
tractor otherwise.

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com