[AT] OT Zombie Deer Disease

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Feb 17 13:25:21 PST 2019

I sowed my pastures and my wheat field with rye and wheat with my
no-till drill.  I am trying to get my wheat field converted to pasture.
It seems that the only grazing I have had for the past 3 years is off
the no-till pasture.  The wheat field has been washed out 2 times with
the rains we get just after sowing.  I am trying to get enough grass
growing in the wheat field to hold the fertilizer and seed.  The pasture
does great and we have a small herd (12 ) of deer that stay on the south
20 acres.   It is somewhat secluded by some trees and it has hog wire on
3 sides. The cows compete with the deer for the wheat and rye!!!

Cecil