[AT] The Birth of the Skid Steer

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 08:53:38 PST 2019

These started out as Narrow Rear.

https://www.ivtinternational.com/videos/the-evolution-of-bobcats-skid-steer-loader.html

I had visited an Akron Ohio area equipment dealer planning to buy an equipment trailer in the late 70s. They were selling Massey Ferguson construction equipment as well.

I visited again in the eighties and they were selling Case Construction due to the sale of some of Massey Ferguson Construction line to Case.

I visited in the early part of this century. They were overwhelmingly a Bobcat dealer.

Now I see they have set up  Bobcat dealerships in multiple adjacent counties.

The November 2018 issue of IVTInternational has an article called "The Birth of the Skid Steer". Two bothers built a three wheel loader for a Minnesota turkey farmer. They were hired by Melroe and kept building improved models. Eventually they went to skid steer models sold under the name Bobcat. Doosan, a Korea based firm, bought Melroe in 2007.

https://www.iVTInternational.com/skid-steer

https://harryferguson.blogspot.com
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5103068/