[AT] Vehicle cooling before AC

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 13 07:17:53 PST 2019

On 2/13/2019 8:45 AM, Spencer Yost wrote:
> I learn so much from this list. I have never heard of these things
> once in my entire life. I mean, I’ve seen evaporative coolers on
> buildings and seen small portable units used in the work areas and
> barns but I have never seen one on a car. This is brand new to me.   I
> guess it’s because I am from the muggy east and my trips out west have
> been few and far between.
>
> Thanks everyone for the schooling...
>
> Spencer Yost

This is a picture of the cab cooler I had on the 930 Case about 40 years
ago. That white box on the roof contained the foam filters, fan and
water tray and that is where the

evaporation process happened. Water was pumped up there by a
temperamental little electric fuel pump that caused me no end of
frustration when it would not start.

The water tank and pump can be seen mounted on one of the cab steps in
front of the rear wheel. Excess water up top would return to the tank
(until the exit hole in the tray

blocked up with mud). So the water got dirty from dust and the tank
needed to be flushed and re filled every day in the hot weather. I was
so happy to get real air conditioning

in the next tractor.

Ralph in Sask.

---