[AT] Of the 10 worst tractors, two were made by Fiat. 4 were from brands eventually acquired by Fiat.

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 12 14:37:32 PST 2019

The little 2010 Deeres are bashed even on the 10/20 series Deere
Facebook forum. Those guys in that group are the real deal on that
series, helped me with technical info when I rebuilt the 4020 last year.
Very little BS there, so if they say those are junk, I believe them.

Dad is 88, spent from 1968-1991 working for an IH dealer. He never cared
for anything IH had with a 2 point hitch, nor did he like the brakes (or
lack there of) on the 400/450.

My grandmother bought a new 3010. It was probably the worst tractor to
come here, but it was also the most abused. It was just too small to be
the big tractor. Being the first diesel, it took some getting used
to--such as don't use too much starting fluid--they busted a piston
trying to pull start it and using too much ether. Of course most folks
regard the entire 10 series as lead off batters for the homer the
majority of the 20 series hit.

Really hard to pick out the 10 worst. A lot of time it was only 1 or 2
things wrong with a model, other times it was just NO dealer network.
Basically if it wasn't IH or Deere, everyone here regarded you as a
lesser farmer if your tractor was another brand with a dealer hours away.

John Hall