[AT] Accident Video

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Wed Feb 6 17:40:01 PST 2019

A month or so ago I had a very near miss with a YouTube "fails-worthy"
episode involving gravity, a chainsaw, and a ladder.   I'd taken what I
thought were very careful precautions prior to trimming off a medium-sized
branch that was higher than I could reach from the ground.  The precautions
worked just fine against the threat I was worried about (falling branch
swinging back and hitting the ladder), but didn't do jack for the threat I
hadn't considered (falling branch swinging back and hitting me).   I escaped
with a couple of sprained fingers and a sense of "Dean you are way, way
luckier than you deserve, and if you have a brain in your head you'll never
do anything remotely like that again."   As was well stated on this list
last summer, chainsaws and ladders do not play well together.

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, OH