[AT] 620 day

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sun Feb 3 16:24:48 PST 2019

It always amazes me the ideas that people come up with to solve problems
with the way they use old iron. A few years ago at a nearby show a guy
had on display a Farmall  A with a front blade. As some of you may know,
the A had no hydraulics and to my knowledge did not have any place on
the engine to mount a pump.  This guy had an idea I would never had
thought of.  He had changed the tractor over to a 12 volt system by way
of an alternator as have many people. The A does not have any extra
pulleys on the engine and the alternator runs off a second pulley on the
fan assembly.  This guy got an alternator with a two groove pulley. He
ran the alternator with one belt from the fan and then ran another belt
from the second groove of the alternator pulley to a used power steering
pump giving him live hydraulics to lift and lower the front blade. Quite
an idea I think.
        Greg Hass