[AT] **** = scatological term deleted was Fordson Dexta

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 23 14:31:40 PST 2019

When you pull a 2 ton orchard sprayer containing 2 tons of water with a 1.5 ton tractor something is likely to break. We used to break the pin between the drawbar and sprayer tongue.

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/0/8/1084-ferguson-to-30.html

[ralph Goff] Makes me think of the cast oil pan on my Massey Super 90. How somebody managed to crack that Perkins diesel oil pan is beyond me but it was welded up

and remains in use today. I suspect that break was more due to the operator than the design. I'd have to say it is a pretty durable old tractor otherwise.

[Al Jones] Thin" and "flimsy is how I would describe any Ford or **** Ferguson  of the era.  I've never seen a MF 135 or Ford whatever or similar that  wasn't broken and welded somewhere. There were several "Dexters" around here back in the day but I wouldn't want one......