[AT] Steiger, another Fiat brand was The Birth of the Skid Steer

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 23:09:07 PST 2019

Link]"The tractor division of Steiger Farms was moved to Fargo, North Dakota, in 1969. It was acquired by Case IH in 1986, which later became part of Italy's FIAT Group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steiger_Tractor

I have never been to Fargo but I did see the movie. The movie did not show the Steiger facility.

[Bradford]As an 19 yo. I was working for a large construction company in Fargo where the owner owned stables south of town. He had a green Deere 170 Skidder that was a blast to use to honey out the stalls. Like 1972. Melroe was in Fargo as was Steiger. If I hadn't been a roaring drunk I'd probably still be in that part of the country farming in some way. Loved the 4010 and plowing in Dazey. One of my fondest memories.