[AT] Looking for a Cub part

Phil Auten pga2 at basicisp.net
Tue Dec 31 13:24:50 PST 2019

I am working on getting my '48 Cub running and have a very weak to non
existent spark. All clues point to the breaker points in the
distributor. I removed the distributor cap and found that the
points/condenser have a bakelite cover over them. That cover would not
come out, even after baking in an oven at 185° for a while. In trying to
remove it, I destroyed it. If anyone has one, I will pay whatever you
think is fair plus shipping. There is no real hurry, I just don't want
to put the distributor back together "incomplete". I did find the points
had some corrosion, but it cleaned right up with the alcohol/dollar bill
trick (thanks to whomever mentioned that here many years ago). I no
longer have an IH dealer locally, nearest one is in the Bryan/College
Station area or I would just go get one. According to my I&T manual, the
Cub used the same distributor as the A, B and C.

Phil in TX