[AT] brake lining adhesive

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Tue Dec 31 04:30:25 PST 2019

First: thanks Farmer! It was a pretty nice birthday

Second:  I don’t have anything to add, but have a question: Whatever happened to local/regional auto parts rebuilders? In every place I’ve lived there was a company, usually within 30 minutes, that aggregated automotive parts for rebuilding and resale.  These companies would always take walk-in parts from local customers as well.  Here, the rebuilder was Hastings(King NC). They were not affiliated with the larger national Hastings brand.

Anyways I never learned how to do linings and several other typical shop skills such as turning drums, etc because I always had a business locally that did it better, faster, and cheaper than I ever could.   Anyways, I miss those companies.

Unfortunately Hastings went out of business about 15 years ago. The Pacer brake bands were the last things I had done there. I don’t know - it might’ve been clutch lining out of another tractor shortly after that.

We’re down to our last few, local  starter/alternator/generator repair shops.   I suspect they will be gone soon too.

Spencer