[AT] Test: now Gambler

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Mon Dec 30 06:09:23 PST 2019

For 4 years of high school, when I filled in the annual enrollment forms
in the fall, I listed my father's occupation as "Gambler (Professional)"

Nobody noticed until the guidance counselor pulled my file to write a
recommendation for my admission to Purdue. He said he nearly fell out of
his chair laughing...and he must have written a good rec; I got in!

[Guidance counselor was a small time farmer himself and knew exactly
what I meant!]

Mark J
Purdue Ag, 1978