[AT] Antique tractors that are too expensive

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 05:49:34 PST 2019

I bought a 225 Amp Lincoln AC welder new in 1975. It had aluminum windings. I sold it through the classifieds a couple of years later for more than I paid for it.

Fellow I went to school with retired from Lincoln. He had moved over from welder design to motor design.

Gene Dotson AT List member and Case 320 dozer owner (gdotsly at watchtv.net);     Early Lincolns had copper windings and later ones have aluminum windings. East to tell by lifting them both. Copper windings are much heavier than aluminum windings. Copper is much better.