[AT] [OT] Has anyone seen one of these??

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Fri Dec 20 13:05:51 PST 2019

Cecil, this would only be about 5 to 6 amps at 115VDC. If you want it to run, you’ll have to put 10 car batteries in series to get it to do so.

Putting 10 car batteries in series could give you a potential DC current equal to about the current from the weakest battery.

Batteries add voltage when in series, and maintain the current rating of one individual battery. Batteries in parallel maintain the voltage level of one individual battery, and the current add together.

On the Abrams we used a series-parallel combination of six 12V, 100 AH, batteries to get a battery system rated at 24 VDC and 300 AH. Three sets of 2 batteries in series, connected in parallel.

    Carl