[AT] [OT] Has anyone seen one of these??

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Fri Dec 20 07:04:50 PST 2019

DC grids slowly lost ground in the 1900s, so if the vacuum is really that old (1912) then it seems likely to have a universal motor designed to run on both.   The DC grid was similar voltage, so 115 would be right.

I remember that the last DC grid only came down sometime In the last few decades.   I remember because I was incredulous that one existed when I read about it - and get this - IN A NEWSPAPER.  Remember those? (-;

Electrical guys in the group are going to have to jump in a fact check me on all this.

Sent from my iPhone