[AT] repairing machined arts

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Tue Dec 10 18:54:19 PST 2019

I’ve mentioned here before that I got a Lulzbot TAZ-6 3D printer in a professional raffle.

I’ve used it enough to know that the real value for average antique tractor folks is in making patterns for molds.  I did make a small pulley that was a very unusual size for a non-antique tractor application and it has held up well.  But it was for a small fractional horsepower motor and there is no real torque applied.  The motor has since died before the pulley.  Besides maybe the occasional knob for a dashboard control or other odd small non-metallic piece (I made an insulator for a magneto once) I can’t think of too many other antique tractor uses.

Getting it into a drawing is non-trivial and filament choice for the print is pretty critical too.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone