[AT] EDM

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Mon Dec 9 22:18:34 PST 2019

I have heard they are amazing machines and have seen a little of the
work they do. When they make a cut it is as smooth as glass and
extremely accurate.  A guy at the coffee shop is part of a family that
owns a tool and dye shop in Detroit that employs about 38 men. His kids
now run most of the day to day operation although he keeps watch over
some of it. He has now become a multi-million dollar hobby farmer. A
couple of years ago he told me he still had a million and a half left to
spend on the farm yet that year. Back on topic; he told me they have 3
EDM machines
  at the shop. The ones he has he said were $40,000 each when bought. He
said consumables run about $18 an hour for each machine. He said you set
them at night and then leave and they run till the job is done.
                     Greg Hass