[AT] Welding Rails

Howard Pletcher hrpletch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 08:12:53 PST 2019

Steel Dynamics said they were looking at friction welding of the rails
although I didn't ask the obvious question of how they would obtain the
friction since spinning the parts doesn't seem possible.  Perhaps some sort
of high frequency vibration?

The process used in the video is very similar to what is done at Steel
Dynamics.

Howard