[AT] Big Truck Pickups

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Mon Dec 2 04:41:56 PST 2019

I should be more fair...the application of Lean did not cause the
financial difficulties - those are endemic to the company and have been
for a couple of decades - but the organization has not, in my view,
benefited significantly from their use. There is still (I left their
employ about 15 months ago) a severe tendency toward administrative
bloat and decision-making that takes place at entirely too high a level.
The local site manager here doesn't even have the authority to close the
office when the weather is impossible (e.g., a 12-15 inch snow, which
happened twice while I worked there).

Personally, I found the Lean principles to be viable but the company is
one of those "Lean in Name Only" users. I do question the use of Lean in
the delivery of IT services because they aren't a production line.  Each
customer's services are unique in many ways, and it seems really
difficult to create a standard service catalog.

Mark J