[AT] OT ABB Robots was IH 1468

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 07:30:07 PST 2019

A few years ago, I attended an ABB robot trade show at the ABB plant in suburban Auburn Hills, Michigan. It was probably not too many years back that the land it is sitting on was farmland.

I went through the free lunch line and sat down at a table occupied by one other person. He was a Swedish engineer who had flown over to represent ABB at the event.

He spoke a pretty much unaccented English.

Several employers back they used ABB robots and some Fanuc's to move orange hot blanks out of electric ovens. It was terrifying when the end of arm tooling got tangled up in the oven. The ABB models had brake release buttons right on the robot arms so you could manhandle the robot out of the ovens one axis at a time. Not so with the Fanuc's.

Nice tractor. What is that green tractor on 4 rubber tracks we can see through the open garage door?

Mattias Kessén AT List Member and BM 350 Boxer owner (davidbrown950 at gmail.com); https://www.klaravik.se/auction/product/traktor-international-1468/

In Swedish but you'll understand. The smile at his face says it.

Med vänlig hälsning

Mattias Kessén

Hässelstad Solhöjden 2
594 93 Gamleby