[AT] Agricultural Equipment Diagnostic Technicians

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 08:51:46 PDT 2019

I once had a co-worker who had received a football scholarship to a small church affiliated college. He chose geology likely because it was one of the few technical programs. He told stories of being involved in animal house type behavior on a dry campus where he got talked to by various Deans.

After graduation he did get a geology related job and started to learn the role. When they assigned him to jobs that required being away from home for extended periods he balked. He got an hourly electrician helper job at a machine builder and slowly learned the machine building electrician trade.  At some point he learned to do PLC based commissioning and logic modification. When we worked together he was a contract controls technician.

[spencer] <snip>  I went to school for geology. Short version of a long story is that halfway through my sophomore year I decided I didn’t want to be in a boom and bust industry.   But earth science was all I cared about and I had no idea what I wanted to do next. <snip>