[AT] Glow plugs

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Aug 18 19:59:10 PDT 2019

3-5 seconds is longer than you think, I will agree.  However cranking
that long ensures there is oil in most of the bearings. An immediate
start can subject the bearings to a lot of wear. AJohn Deere 170 skid
steer followed me home Wednesday.  That old Wisconsin takes a good 10-15
seconds of cranking to fire up if it has been sitting for a day...  Just
a typical Wisconsin engine...
Cecil