[AT] Glow plugs

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Aug 18 14:59:02 PDT 2019

If it fires up quickly without a lot of smoke I would not be concerned.
Many of the newer eastern european tractors will start in near zero
weather without glow plugs.   My opinion is that if the tractor will
start easily with 3 to 5 seconds of cranking without a cloud of white
smoke, then the glow plugs were not needed.   My D6D Cat states to use
the glow plugs when below 75deg.  It does not need them at 75 at all.  I
always let it warm up a little before moving also...
Cecil