[AT] US made tractors in JAPAN

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 03:30:03 PDT 2019

I last knew that the Agco plant in Jackson, Minnesota, was producing tracked Challengers with Finnish made Sisu engines for worldwide sale. I did not find the answer if they are being or were sold in Japan. Since Agco is now painting tracked Challengers in Fendt paint to offset the Fendt's that are being painted as Challengers, it could be that they are sneaking in those Fendt painted Challengers in other places.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/machinery/map-agricultural-engines-made This will be a useful document some day. I printed it to file.

[James Peck]I received an email from an AT list member pointing out that the US/Canadian tractor market is different than that of the rest of the world. An illustration. Around 60 years ago I knew a man whose job it was to live in an area of the world that most Americans would judge to be jungle. His mission was to get the local people to grow their food instead of hunting and gathering it. They bought 2 wheel walk behind tractors made in Japan. The man would have liked to have bought North American made equipment. The clients had never farmed with water buffalo or other draft animals.