[AT] tire brand

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 15:41:36 PDT 2019

Firestone lists a “Field and Road Tire” for older tractors. They have long bars.
https://commercial.firestone.com/en-us/ag-tire-selector?page=2&filter_Tractor=true

I still remember the jingle “Wherever wheels are rolling, wherever tires are sold, the name that’s known is Firestone, where the rubber meets the road." "rubber meets the mud" doesn't sound quite as good.

[Cecil Bearden] That advertisement is very interesting as it shows the Champion Open Center tire and the Champion Spade Grip at the bottom, but the tractor in the picture is not wearing either one.  The Champion Open Center in the lower picture appears to be the 23 degree tire in the early production,  and it looks to be a multi angle tire as the lugs appear to curve.   I would guess that the Open center became the 23 deg angle tire later in their advertising campaign.

[Ralph in Sask.] I have this vintage ad from 1953 showing Firestone tire's selection of tractor tires. No mention of 23 degree tires.

[Indiana Robinson] I can't pin down the date but we acquired my 1947 Farmall Cub in the late 1960's and it was wearing a "very weathered" pair of Firestone Field & Road (23 degree) tires on the back of it. It now wears a pair of turf tires and has for many years.
I was thinking that I started seeing the F&R's about the mid to late 1950's. That memory may be a bit slushy.  :-)

http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient