[AT] tire brand

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 9 08:34:34 PDT 2019

What tire tools do you use and can you advise as to where you got them.

[Cecil Bearden] In my case, I mount my own tires and it takes me a day to mount 2 tires with fluid in them because of my disabilities.  However, If I had them mounted, it would be nearly $500, so I think I made a pretty good day's pay.  Due to the difficulty or expense of mounting tires, I will only buy new when replacing tires.   Do it once and forget it....   As I said before, stay away from SPEEDWAY tires...They do not fit.. I spent over $250 in tubes and lost over $200 in alcohol fluid due to these tires...

[ Spencer Yost]Also, ‘tis the season for spring agricultural consignment sales.   So maybe look at these?  There are usually a couple of pallets of good used matched tires at these - occasionally complete with rims.   Been looking myself and the sale I referred to last weekend had my size but condition was “well worn” so I passed.    All the other tires were pretty good so just bad luck in my part.  The sale at Olin this weekend had several sets listed but I couldn’t go.

I find my size on craigslist way more frequently than I would have ever have suspected; but  I suppose you have checked there already.  Condition and price are hit or miss though.

What size are you looking for?

[deanvp] I purchased several sets of Tractor rear tires a few years ago before the prices went crazy. They were all Firestone 22 degree rib because I had such good luck with them.  Firestone has backed away from making some tractor tires so I am not up to date on what is still available. I usually go to ME Miller Tire's web site to see what might be available and then compare what they have vs what is available at our local chain Les Swaub.

[ John Hall] Looks like I have to buy 2 rear tires in a hurry. Anybody bought a particular brand the in the last few years that you are happy with? The cheaper the better--got to buy 2 rims as well. Rims made it 47 years and have stress cracks, the tires are 60-70% tread, but at 28 years old they have dry rotted.
.