[AT] Auction

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Apr 1 06:24:43 PDT 2019

Saturday I went to an estate auction of a prominent farmer.  He had some
very nice late model equipment.  Everything went high. The oldest
tractor was a 706 IHC sold for $5300.  I went to buy a grain truck.  I
brought home a 1972 IHC 1700 Loadstar w/ 345 V/8, power steering,  5
speed trans, 2 speed axle, 16ft Omaha steel bed 4 ft sides, Schwartz
hoist w/ connections for hydraulic auger,  3 grain doors in the back,
and a Shurco manual tarp system.  The truck had been converted to
Propane w/ 50 gallon tank.  The gas tank was removed.  It needs a heater
core and a smaller steering wheel for my large belly!!!!  A 74 1600
series equipped the same way but on gas, sold for the same amount
$5000.  I thought it was high, but the truck needs very little work.  It
could use a set of Mud tires, I have a set on another truck that will
interchange with the same wheels...

Maybe this year I can get my wheat sowed early enough to have some
winter pasture.   If it is not sowed by the first of August, we don't
get enough rain to get any pasture.

Cecil