[AT] Cold snap over

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Jan 10 19:48:55 PST 2018

With the cold snap over, I've been itching to get back into the shop. But with so much metal and concrete in the shop soaking up heat, it was actually today before the shop was above 40°.  I would have opened the doors and warm the place up, but the humidity moved in with the warmth and the dew point had been higher than the shop temperature. All I would have done is gotten condensation on all the metal(430V is 42 degrees and the dew point is 46). I have made that mistake before only to find everything covered in water.   Tools in the tool box; you name it.  It's crazy. We had fog yesterday evening in the lower parts of the farm.

I have a battle plan for the next few weeks. It involves rebuilding the carburetor on the 430, and beginning work on the Haywagon. I've decided to take Cecil's advice and cut a slot in the outer tubes(and then welding back).  I've tried twisting and pulling and they just simply are not going to come apart. They've rusted too bad.  A part of me wants to completely restore this Haywagon. I think I need someone to talk me out of it. :-)

Spencer Yost