[AT] Ralph

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 2 10:13:46 PST 2018

On 1/2/2018 10:55 AM, Mogrits wrote:
> It's frigid here in the Upstate of South Carolina too. My well tank, etc is
> inside the house and at the well is simply an upside down "U" where the
> pipe exits the casing and goes back underground. I have an insulated
> "wellhouse" over that that's just a small metal doghouse. Well, the well
> froze this morning. I had to lift the top and put a small spaceheater under
> it for 15 mins to get the water flowing again. I was at least smart enough
> to disconnect all the hoses from the hose bibs.
I had a frozen line where my cistern line enters the basement. Only a
plywood cover on the cistern but normally enough snow covers it to
insulate it
from the cold. I got it thawed (twice) and finally hung a trouble light
with 100 watt bulb in the cistern over the ice which will (hopefully) keep
the temperature just above freezing. Warmed up to above zero this
morning for the first time in almost 2 weeks.

Ralph in Sask.

---
http://www.avg.com