[AT] Quiet

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 12:27:29 PST 2018

I've lost a lot of time this winter... I started feeling bad about 2 weeks
before Thanksgiving which was annoying because I just had a physical in
October.
Not real specific symptoms, just "unwell". Sometimes badly short of breath
sometimes not. Long periods of brain fog... I would feel bad for a couple
of weeks then feel better for a few days then back to feeling bad. Gave up
and made an appointment with our GP a few weeks ago and started feeling
better the day before the appointment (funny how that works). After another
physical and an office EKG, a hospital nuclear stress test and a 48 hour
Holter EKG it appears that I may have been feeling bad...  (shrug)  I have
an early March appointment with my cardiologist, just a general thing...
On the upside I have felt better ever since I first made the appointment.
:-)
I got thinking about it and I am suspicious of a new recliner I bought
about a week before I started feeling bad. Like two thirds of what we buy
now it was made in China. I started looking on line and it seems that China
is supposedly using a lot of very strange concoctions  for fumigation at
points of export that nobody really knows for sure what is in them. I saw
claims that they apparently are among other things inserting little packets
of some toxic waste byproduct into some leather upholstered furniture to
prevent mold during shipping. This chair isn't leather but a lot of folks
are claiming that their Chinese furniture is making them ill. I also saw
references to US customs often using methyl bromide on this end to fumigate
containers where they find bugs. I take all of this with a grain of salt
but I did recall this chair having a strange smell when we opened the
plastic bags. We also had not taken the chair that was on display since it
seemed a bit "shop-worn" so we took one still sealed in bags in the box.
Maybe we should have opened it and hauled it around in the back of the
truck for a few days...  :-)

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA