[AT] 430V update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Sep 30 13:46:27 PDT 2017

Two new videos at my channel. As you can tell the smoke has improved considerably. There is still a bit, especially at no load high rpm and idle.   It'll pop smoke when it really lugs too, but the color changes so maybe just a richness from the governor opening up.

There is still lots left to do.   It has developed a hunt at idle that it did not have in the first little bit of running. Not sure where that's coming from. My experience that usually a vacuum leak but I'll be doggone if I can find it.

I don't have the charging system fixed yet, but I have all the other electrical working. All lights, ammeter, and even the little two trailer wiring socket.  The water temperature gauge doesn't work. The oil pressure gauge works after cleaning up some connections, but it only registers one pressure - there's no change whether it's idle or high-speed. So not sure it's accurate.  It's in the normal range  so not sure I should give this any priority.

The throttle lever will not hold    idle, nor will it hold wide-open. It quickly drifts off in both cases.  I had this problem with my John Deere B as well. One of these days I'm going to have to learn how to fix that.

I found a new old stock left side battery door, but I still need to get that installed. It is a very complete tractor and that was really the only substantial piece that was missing on this tractor. I still have the original linchpins and keeper chains on the lift arms :-)

More later.....

https://www.youtube.com/user/NCDiesel001

Spencer Yost