[AT] Oliver 88 generator update

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 16:46:53 PDT 2017

Hi All,
 First of all, thank you to all who have emailed back about the
generator on my Oliver.

 I finally got together again with my neighbor and we played with it
some more. He did some sort of test with a light bulb to see if there
was a draw. We didn't find any, because the light didn't come on.
 So then we rigged up a setup so that when I took it out we could
watch the volt meeter.
 For those of you who have driven, or have looked at, an Oliver of
that Era, you know that there are notches to put the throttle lever
in.
 So just sitting in the shed, with the ignition off, the meeter read
between 12.5 and 12.6 volts.
 When I started it, and put the throttle on the 2nd section, it read
12.8 volts. So as I backed out and drove it to the road, the meeter
bounced from 12.8 to 12.9 or so, if I remember right.
 So I put it into 6th, and when I got to the 5th notch on the
throttle, it hit 13. So on the whole 5 mile ride, it went anywhere
from 12.8 to 13.3.
 At the end of the day, it read 12.9.
 Then we checked the ground cable with a wrench. It wasn't real tight,
but it wasn't loose either. We took it off, cleaned it, put it back
together. As Gil mentioned, I think that that was the biggest problem
in the first place.
 So I don't think I have anything to worry about.
 I was going to fix (or maybe get some new) lights for it. However, do
you all think that that'd be to much of a draw?
 Thanks again for everyones' help!
 Take Care,
 Tyler Juranek
 IA