[AT] Fwd: Re: 430V - now Deere and The Great Depression

deanvp deanvp at att.net
Tue Sep 19 13:07:12 PDT 2017

-------- Original message --------
From: deanvp <deanvp at att.net>
Date: 9/19/17  12:04 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: Stephen Offiler <soffiler at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] 430V - now Deere and The Great Depression

I think all of you are over analyzing this when there is no way you can get into the minds of JD's management back in the 1930's.  In fact it really doesn't matter what their true motivations were, the good will they created with their customers is all that is important to remember and all the farmers remembered.  Do you think the farmer's accountants were telling them that JD wasn't really doing this for them it was for tax reasons!  I think we need take it for what it was.  A JD marketing strategy that paid handsomely in returns for many many years.  I think we also need to read what Bill Brueck posted concerning what was written in Broehls book on JD.  Broehls book is  considered the Bible as far as John Deere's history is concerned.  I have the book and I would encorage everyone to read it.  How cynical we have becone!