[AT] Batteries - 6 Volt

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sat Sep 16 14:36:29 PDT 2017

I try to keep battery tenders on everything I own that isn't run at
least weekly. I don't know how well they work to saving a battery,
(despite keeping one on my lawn mower all winter I had to put a new
battery on my lawn mower this spring) but at least I know when I need to
start something that the battery is fully  charged.

I just bought 2 more at Costco today, for $40 each. (I don't recall the
exact price) 3 Amp, 6 or 12 volts. If you are a member they have them
every fall it seems, but not the rest of the year.

Battery life varies. On my vw I got 10 years, but it failed to start on
a - 20 day so the next fall I replaced it. (odd size that nobody keeps
in stock, I tried the next day but couldn't find one, and so forgot
about it until next fall).

 My lawn mower was only 5 years old. There was no water left in it
 though, and replacing it didn't revive it. Which is probably the
 biggest lesson: they say most batteries don't just die, they are
 murdered. Keep a tender on them, and keep the water (acid) levels up
 and they will last much longer.

--
  Henry Miller
  hank at millerfarm.com