[AT] 430V

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Sep 13 10:09:58 PDT 2017

Thanks farmer:  i'm sure there is an advantage to generating shock loads,  like the side-to-side of the dentist. When I had one wheel up I was jumping up and down on the tire. When I had the whole rear of the tractor suspended I was bouncing; so I did try a little mechanical vantage in the form of shock.

Great info Steve!   The tractor weighs about 4000 pounds with the wheel weight on the hitch.   Lifting the rear wheels I am estimating 2800pounds and about  14" from the center of the rear axle.  Using the formula, I calculate  600 pounds of force.  Fairly significant but it doesn't "feel" sufficient.

At any rate, I need more force.  So I am building the frame i can attach to the tractor so I can create an opposing force for the  jack besides gravity.  Here is the diagram of the #1 cylinder position(from the drivers seat).  Because of various things ( like the oil pump), the #1 counter weight is really the only thing I can safely jack against.   I think this is the closest thing I can come to a wedge.