[Farmall] obsolete parts

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 9 04:25:55 PDT 2017

What is so hard to make, is it splined, broached or irregularly shaped
that requires cutting on EDM? I don't know about your area, but around
here shops charge about $75 hr, plus material. I guess the $24 price you
mentioned was the old IH price, if so the part has to be relatively
simple. Tell me more about how it is made, maybe I can help devise a
method of making one. Unfortunately the shop I work in doesn't really
take in jobs like this for the general public. If I can figure out what
you need to make it, maybe we can come up with a plan. Any technical
schools near you with a GOOD machine shop program?

John