[AT] 430V

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sat Sep 2 18:01:39 PDT 2017

The shop reorganization happened today, so I had the opportunity to try to apply constant pressure to the engine by raising the rear wheels. An engine hoist and a fence stretcher used as a spreader bar seems to fit the bill. The cut-outs in the wheels that the chain loop through are at 90 degrees to vertical so I should be generating as much force as possible.  Engine still has not moved but I just started.  The engine hoist cylinder is not leaking down like I seem to remember it would, so I will leave it overnight.

PS: To show you were an optimist I am, I drained the penetrating fluid from the cylinder so it wouldn't spray all over the shop when the engine let's go. :-)

PSS.  I remember enough of college physics to know that lifting it  more than just barely off the ground actually decreases force So I'll keep a close eye on the engine hoist to make sure it's not leaking down.

Stayed tuned.