[AJD] IGNITION advice needed

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Sun Oct 15 11:03:26 PDT 2017

In this day and time I am a big fan of rebuilding magnetos, because there are only a handful of shops left who are doing it well. But all these guys are getting up in years, and 10 years from now, we may not have the option to have magnetos rebuilt except by airplane shops who charge $$$$$ if they will do it at all.

I use Rudy Adrian in Canada.  (204)326-6497.   McDonald in Georgia is good too.  I have a close friend that uses them and have seen their work in action on a tractor.  No experience with Lightning and Marks Magnetos but both have gotten good reviews from folks I trust.  But I have no experience with them.

As for running a resisted coil or not I can't say. I might suggest an external resistor is an easier, less expensive option - just as a test to see if it helps.

Spencer Yost