[AT] 2 row corn combines

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 10 15:25:22 PDT 2017

We cheated some on hillsides this year and to be honest it was an
improvement. I've drove one sided before to pull the corn away from
standing rows as well. That works pretty good as long as the ears are
still attached good. One year the corn was literally falling off the
stalks before I ever got to it. If the rollers got offset it would whip
the stalks and sometimes sling the ear off--no joke. This year I was
very fortunate that the ears were still very well attached, never saw
the first one fall.

A field I intend on planting in corn next year is quite hilly, and it
works best from the top down. We'll have to drive the planter plenty
wide in that one!

John Hall