[AT] 430V update

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu Oct 5 19:34:40 PDT 2017

Seeing how using the tractor for anything productive was impossible, because of the throttle positioning(too fast for the manure spreader and wagon, too slow for the mower), I went ahead and dug into the throttle shaft. It was quite the bear, as the roll pin for the universal joint did not want to come out.   Looking at the parts catalog it was not entirely clear the roll pin had to come out. But it definitely had to.

The friction discs were a weird combination of glazed and worn. So I will be getting a new set. Thanks for the research Dean.

While I had the hood off, I checked the manifold a little more closely for leaks. I did find a loose bolt on the  manifold.  Other than that I did not see anything. Hopefully that loose bolt was the hunt at idle I was experiencing.

Spencer Yost