[AT] New tractor to me

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue May 23 19:28:52 PDT 2017

I definitely plan on using it initially, and your guess is spot on:  The hay rake.   The Pacer  take the tedder and the Ford will handle the mower and baler.  Interestingly the Ford does not handle the rake well.  The rake is a new Holland 57(3 point) and it's nearly impossible to get the draft right.  I thought it was just a part and parcel of having a 3 point rake until my neighbor raked for me with his New Holland 1715 and realized that the accuracy of the draft positioning and geometry of the hitch (relative to the ground) were critical.   So I am hoping the 430, with it's higher than normal arms and touch control system keep  the tines from hitting dirt as often as the Ford and does as well as the neighbor's New Holland.

Spencer Yost

Spencer Yost