[AT] hyd cylinder different inlet threads?

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Tue May 9 13:31:42 PDT 2017

Yeah, didn't think about that regarding the pipe thread.
  I imagine its just a straight thread and is either an actual port so
an O-ring seals in the taper, or it has a flanged washer that is screwed
down the face of the cylinder with an O-ring in the washer
underneath(seen some BSPP stuff like that).
Many years back we used to make tons of hydraulic heads and caps. The
ports are rather obvious as there will be a definite spotface, then a
large chamfer, then the thread---transition radius between all features.
The threads were normally unusual sizes, I've cut them from 9/16 up to 1
5/8. FWIW ports go by number.

John Hall